FREE* 6 week digital MARKETING training for adults aged 19+
Boost your website and digital marketing know-how with this all-in-one training course. Whether you're a beginner or have some digital marketing experience, we'll show you how to build up valuable skills;
- how to create and manage a website
- how to use digital marketing techniques such as search engine optimisation (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) and website analytics
- how to carry out social media optimisation (SMO)
- gaining an understanding of cyber crime and security awareness.
This training is for adults who are either in work, self-employed, unemployed or returning to work after a break.
You must be aged 19 or over as of July 31st 2022. You must also have the right to work in the UK. You must live within the West Midlands.
You must have been a UK resident for at least 3 years.
Start: 19 Sept 2023 – Ends: 25 Oct 2023
Start: 7 Nov 2023 - Ends: 13 Dec 2023
Start: 9 Jan 2024 - Ends: 14 Feb 2024
Tuesdays 9.00am-4.00pm, Wednesdays 9.00am-12.00pm and one hours' homework to complete. 10 hours each week over 6 weeks.
This course can be delivered online or onsite at Wisemore Campus - Walsall.
Week 1 – Creating a Website (Parts 1, 2 & 3)
Learn how to build a website with no programming skills or technical expertise required. Course content includes:
• Creating and managing a WordPress account
• The different types of WordPress payment plans, including fee plans
• The fundamentals of user interface design
• Exploring the different templates and themes which you can use for your very own website
• How to add content and features using WordPress plugins
• Maintaining and managing your website.
Week 2 – Introduction to Digital Marketing (Parts 1, 2 & 3)
Gain an understanding of e-commerce and digital marketing, and how they can help you and your business
• Search Engine Marketing - a solid understanding of the specialist areas used in Digital Marketing
• Search Engine Optimisation - the key principles of SEO; explains On-Page and Off-Page SEO and explains keyword research and how it is applied
• Pay-per-click This topic shows you how PPC works and teaches you about selecting keywords, key phrases and using the targeting options
• Web Analytics and Metrics This session will show you how to plan, deliver and manage content across different digital channels
• Mobile Apps This session provides examples of the different mobile apps that are available and how they can help a business
• How search will continue to change and what it means for you.
This session will explain how search is going to change in the future and what you can do to ensure you do not miss out.
Week 3 – Planning and Content Marketing
Gain an understanding of how to plan digital marketing activities and manage content marketing.
Week 4 – Search Engine Optimisation, Pay Per Click and Digital Advertising
Gain a more in depth understanding of how to use these digital marketing techniques.
Week 5 – Introduction to Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing & CRMs and Web Analytics and Measurement of ROI
Gain an understanding of how to use social media for business, carry out email marketing and use of CRM systems and understand how to gather website analytics and measure the return on investment for a digital marketing campaign.
Week 6 - Cyber Crime and Security Awareness